Decoding your skin is one of the most important steps to an effective and promising skincare routine. When selecting products, keeping your skin type in mind will not only help your products work better, it'll also prevent wrong products from making your skin worse!
Here we've highlighted the Bare-Faced Method and the Blotting Sheet Method to help you find your skin type!
All it takes is 30 minutes of your time 🙃
*It's important to remember not to apply any products on after you've washed your face to see how your skin reacts.*
For the Bare-Faced Method, your skin is:
- Oily type if you're exhibiting oil on your nose, forehead, and cheeks (entire face).
- Combination type if you're exhibiting oil only on your T-zone area (forehead and nose).
- Dry type if you're experiencing tightness/dryness over your entire face.
- Normal type if you're not shiny, not greasy, and not experiencing tightness or dryness.
Similarly, using the Blotting Sheet Method, your skin is:
- Oily type if your blotting sheet absorbed a lot of oil from your nose, forehead, and cheeks (entire face).
- Combination type if you only have some oil, concentrated in the T-zone area (forehead and nose).
- Dry type if your blotting sheet shows little to no oil over your entire face.
- Normal type if there's very little oil absorbed over the entire face.
We hope you found these two methods helpful!